Our Commitment to Privacy
Revised as of April 19, 2023
Zonda Home Canada, Inc. dba Livabl, Zonda Urban and Zonda Virtual and their respective affiliates (“Zonda Canada”, “us”, “we”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We believe that your online privacy is important and we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose any personal information that individually identifies you.
Please Note: through its Zonda Virtual division, Zonda Canada acts a service provider to builders who may share the personal information of its customers with us. By providing these services, we do not directly collect any personal information from individual customers of builders. In this capacity, we will only access, use and disclose this personal information for the purposes of delivering our Services to builders and as specifically instructed by builders. We may aggregate and anonymize personal information and use it for the limited purposes described below.
If you are a customer of a builder and wish to know more about our privacy practices, please contact us as described below. If you wish to exercise your privacy rights (i.e., accessing and correcting your personal information) please contact the builder directly.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. The types of personal information that we may collect include, but are not limited to, your:
- phone number;
- e-mail address;
- business address;
- business number;
- business e-mail address;
- financial information, such as credit card information to be processed by our trusted third party service providers;
- IP address (including device/location); and
- personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an e-mail to us, in a comments box on our Sites or through your use of the Services, e.g., filling out a biography section of your user profile).
2. Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
Zonda Canada may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our Services;
- to deliver specific content through our Services to you based on your geographic location;
- to generate aggregated statistical analysis regarding your use of our Services for third party sales agents, listing agents, builders, brokers, developers, mortgage firms, banks master planned community sales agents and other industries involved in home building (“Clients”);
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to purchase our Services: i.e., process orders, remit invoices, and communicate regarding accounts receivable regarding the sale of our Services;
- to identify you in our system;
- to register your profile for our Services and authenticate you to use our Services;
- to manage our business and operations;
- to provide technical support for our Services;
- to respond to your questions that you send through the Sites, by e-mail, or by phone;
- if you have consented, to send you marketing e-mails related to our Services;
- if you have consented, to refer you to our Clients with respect to their products and services (“Referrals”) and to compile and publish the information of such Referrals through our Services to our Clients;
- to facilitate your requests for virtual appointments regarding listings posting on our Sites;
- to track communications with you;
- to market our Services to you;
- to compile aggregated statistical analysis for advertising and marketing purposes;
- to improve the Sites and help us develop new services, tools and features of the Sites that meet your needs; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
3. When Do We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using the Services. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- register to use our Services;
- send a question or comment to Zonda Canada by e-mail, phone, or through our Sites;
- communicate with Zonda Canada representatives by phone or in-person;
- attend our conferences or conferences to which we are a sponsor;
- register to receive electronic communications; and
- otherwise voluntarily participate in features of our Sites that ask for personal information.
We also collect your personal information through third parties and other publicly available sources, for example, through our business partners and other services.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information
5. Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
Your personal information will not be used without your consent for purposes other than those for which it was collected or in accordance with applicable laws.
We retain your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- to our Clients, through Referrals;
- when our Clients view information related to previous Referrals as compiled and made available through our Services;
- when necessary to protect the safety, property or other rights (including intellectual property rights) of Zonda Canada, its representatives, and users of the Services, including to detect and protect against fraud;
- as needed, if such information is requested by law enforcement agencies that possess warrants or if we are requested to do so by law, regulation, court order, or by a government entity. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) cooperate in any legal investigation; or (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property. We may also disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with applicable law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Zonda Canada or our users and customers; or (d) protect Zonda Canada’s property rights;
- if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
6. Data Processors in Other Countries
To provide you with the Services, we may use service providers, data processors and other third parties (collectively, “Third Parties”) to perform services on our behalf. These Third Parties may store, process and transfer personal information on servers located outside of Canada in jurisdictions whose data protection laws may differ from those of Canada, which may include the United States of America, India and the Philippines. As a result, personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement agencies in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Parties to maintain protections on personal information which are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
If you have questions regarding our policies and practices with respect to our use of Third Party service providers outside of Canada, including with respect to the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by service providers outside of Canada for us or on our behalf, please contact us as set out below.
7. Links to Other Sites
8. Electronic Communications
You may have also opted in to receive future promotional electronic communications from us. If you opt-in to receive such communications, we may use the information to: communicate with you regarding our products, Services and promotions; provide you with other information that you request; and/or improve our product and service offerings. You will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving any of our e-mail or other communications at any time. We provide an ongoing opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of contact by us by accessing our Sites or by contacting us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or as otherwise described in our messages to you.
9. Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technology
As you interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technology and services that record and collect information that identifies your computer, IP address, type of browser and operating system; tracks your use of the Sites; and collects certain other information about you and your browsing habits on our Sites. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other similar devices on the Sites to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your device so that your device will “remember” information when you visit a Site. Web beacons and tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and allow us to record activity on our Sites. Internet tags, graphic tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on the Sites to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize the Site and improve your experience on the Sites. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
Information tracked through these mechanisms, includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) your e-mail address; (iii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iv) the pages of the Sites a user visits; and (v) other sites a user visited before visiting the Sites.
You can reject or disable cookies by managing your browser settings and following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s help file. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on the Sites.
10. Google Analytics
Our Sites uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google, Inc. (“Google”), or comparable technology. Google uses “cookies” to analyze how you use our Sites. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Sites (including your IP address) is sent to a Google server in the United States of America and is stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our Sites, compile reports on the Sites’ activity for our Sites’ operators and to provide other site activity related to internet services. Additionally, Google may transfer this information to a third party when required by law or to a third party processing information on Google’s behalf. You can set your internet browser to prohibit the installation of cookies, although we must point out that some features and functions of our Sites will then be unusable. By using our Sites, you consent to the processing of data about you collected by Google in the manner described and for the above mentioned purpose. The consent for collection and storage of data can be withdrawn at any time in the future by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
11. Browsing Information
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Zonda Canada employs adequate technological, physical and organizational security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal information you provide to us is exchanged on a secure server. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
We also take reasonable steps to make Zonda Canada’s employees, contractors and other representatives aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information so that unauthorized persons do not gain access to personal information that we have disposed of or destroyed.
13. Individual Access and Accuracy of Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information which we may hold by contacting us at the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information that we hold about you. There is no cost for such access request unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information if the information cannot be separated from the personal information of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or commercial confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will advise you of the reasons as to why access is being denied, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
You may request to update and change your personal information at the contact information set forth below. We will endeavor to correct or complete any personal information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete.
Zonda Canada only collects personal information from or relating to persons who indicate that they are of the age of majority in the province in which they reside (the “Age of Majority”). If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from or relating to a person who is under the Age of Majority (“Minors”), we will delete that information from our systems. If you are a Minor do not submit or post any information via the Sites, and do not communicate any personal information to us. If a Minor has already provided us with personal information, its parent or guardian may contact us at the contact information set forth below for the purpose of deleting this information, and we will promptly delete such information.
17. How to Contact Us
- see your personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or delete it from our records;
- if your child under the Age of Majority has used the Sites and sent us personal information, delete that personal information from our records;
- ask that we not send you electronic communications or otherwise contact you; or
Please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.