We are honored to announce that Zonda Media has won two Jesse H. Neal awards for excellence in business journalism! Zonda Media had ten finalists in the running and was esteemed to be amongst stiff competition. Congratulations to BUILDER Magazine, winner of the Best Industry Coverage category for Residential Construction Coverage; and to the Journal of Light Construction (JLC), winner of the Best Technical/Scientific Content category for Practical Building Science.
Zonda Media has a long history of leading the industry with integrity and excellence in content, writing, and design. We are honored and thankful to receive this recognition.
2022 Neal finalists
The ten Zonda Media finalists for this year’s Neal Awards were:
- Best Profile: Builder of the Year, BUILDER, May 2021
- Best Industry Coverage: BUILDER’s Residential Construction Coverage
- Best Single Issue of a Tabloid/Newspaper/Magazine: BUILDER May 2021
- Best Profile: High Impact, Multifamily Executive, March 2021
- Best Industry Coverage: Multifamily Executive Industry Coverage
- Best Media Brand (Overall Editorial Excellence): Affordable Housing Finance
- Best Industry Coverage: Affordable Housing Finance
- Best Single Issue of a Tabloid/Newspaper/Magazine: Affordable Housing Finance May/June Issue
- Best Technical/Scientific Content: Practical Building Science
- Best COVID-19 Coverage: What COVID-19 Has Taught Residential Construction?
About the Jesse H. Neal Awards
The Jesse H. Neal Awards are the most prestigious awards for business journalism and content creation. Now in its 68th year, the Neals honor the brightest, most tenacious and innovative journalists, content creators and designers for their passion and exceptional work. Named after Jesse H. Neal, the first managing director of American Business Media (ABM), the Neal Awards were established in 1955 to recognize and reward editorial excellence in business media. Award-winning content reports on major industry issues of the time. Neal winners have exposed corruption and conflicts of interest and brought attention to major new trends, brilliant leadership, innovative tactics, and key developments in global businesses.
ASBPE Azbee award nominations
In addition to the Neal awards, Zonda Media outlets have also received multiple nominations for the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE’s) Azbee Awards of Excellence. The Azbee winners will be announced mid-May.
2022 ASBPE finalists
- Company Profile: 2021 Builder of the Year: Stanley Martin Homes
- Feature Article: Shifting Gears
- Company Profile: High Impact: Turner Impact Capital Profile
About the Azbee Awards
ASBPE’s Azbee Awards of Excellence program is one of the most competitive there is for business-to-business, trade, association, and professional publications. The awards recognize outstanding work by magazines and digital media — websites, e-newsletters, digital magazines, social media and blogs. The competition is open to all U.S.-based publications. Free ASBPE membership is not required for entry, but members receive a discount on entry fees. The top entries nationwide receive national awards across 60 categories, from our All Content, Design, Online, Print and Overall Excellence divisions.