We are honored to announce that Zonda Media has been esteemed with 14 nominations for the 69th annual Jesse H. Neal excellence in journalism awards, and six nominations for the Azbee awards of excellence from the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE). The nominations span five publications – Builder Magazine, Architect Magazine, Affordable Housing Finance (AHF) Magazine, Multifamily Executive (MFE) Magazine, and the Journal of Light Construction (JLC) Magazine.
“We are thrilled to be nominated once again in multiple categories for the Neal and ASBE Awards,” said Jennifer Pearce, Executive Vice President, Chief Content Officer for Zonda Media. “These award programs represent the best in our industry and Zonda Media’s nominations in 14 categories for the Neals and 6 for the Azbees confirm we are leading the way in service to our audiences. Receiving these recognitions is a testament to the dedication of Zonda’s editorial and design teams.”
Zonda Media has a long history of leading the industry with integrity and excellence in content, writing, and design. In 2022 alone, Zonda Media received 10 Neal Award nominations and brought home two awards, three Azbee Awards and an Eddie Award.
2023 Neal nominations by category
- Best Single Article – “Who Cares?” in Architect Magazine
- Best Series – “Inside Out” in Architect Magazine
- Best Subject-Related Package – “Well-Being in Architecture” in Architect Magazine
- Best Profile Article – “Coast to Coast” in Builder Magazine
- Best Industry Coverage – “Social Impact” in AHF Magazine; “The Game Changers” in Architect Magazine
- Best Single Issue of a Tabloid/Newspaper/Magazine – Architect Magazine, April 2022; Builder Magazine, May 2022
- Best Art Direction for a Cover – “Charging Ahead” in MFE Magazine; “Apartment Outlook 2022” in MFE Magazine; “Well-Being in Architecture” in Architect Magazine.
- Best Overall Art Direction/Design – “69th Progressive Architecture Awards” in Architect Magazine; “Changing the Rules” in Builder Magazine
- Best Technical/Scientific Content – “Busting Building Myths” in JLC Magazine.
About the Jesse H. Neal Awards
The Jesse H. Neal Awards are the most prestigious awards for business journalism and content creation. Now in its 68th year, the Neals honor the brightest, most tenacious and innovative journalists, content creators and designers for their passion and exceptional work. Named after Jesse H. Neal, the first managing director of American Business Media (ABM), the Neal Awards were established in 1955 to recognize and reward editorial excellence in business media. Award-winning content reports on major industry issues of the time. Neal winners have exposed corruption and conflicts of interest and brought attention to major new trends, brilliant leadership, innovative tactics, and key developments in global businesses.
2023 Azbee nominations
- All Content – Company Profile (regional finalist) – “Coast to Coast” in Builder Magazine; Jennifer Lash, Editor-in-Chief; Christine Serlin, Editor; Vincent Salandro, Associate Editor
- All Content – Company Profile (regional finalist) – “Built with Purpose” in AHF Magazine; Donna Kimura, Deputy Editor; Melanie Finnern, Senior Art Director; Christine Serlin, Editor; Jennifer Lash, Editor-In-Chief; Jennifer Pearce, Executive Vice President, Chief Content Officer
- Print – Feature Article, 11 or Fewer Issues Per Year (regional finalist) – “Home Sweet Hotel” in AHF Magazine; Donna Kimura, Deputy Editor; Carolyn Sewell, Design Director; Christine Serlin, Editor; Jennifer Lash, Editor-In-Chief; Jennifer Pearce, Executive Vice President, Chief Content Officer
- All Content – Q&A (regional finalist) – “Making a Mark” in MFE Magazine; Jennifer Lash, Editor in Chief; Christine Serlin, Editor
- Print – Feature Article, 11 or Fewer Issues per Year (regional finalist) – “Charging Ahead” in MFE Magazine; Jennifer Lash, Editor-in-Chief; Christine Serlin, Editor; Aly J. Yale, Author
- Print – State of the Industry (regional finalist) – “As Good as It Gets” in MFE Magazine; Jennifer Lash, Editor-in-Chief; Christine Serlin, Editor; Chris Wood, Author
About the Azbee Awards
ASBPE’s Azbee Awards of Excellence program is one of the most competitive there is for business-to-business, trade, association, and professional publications. The awards recognize outstanding work by magazines and digital media — websites, e-newsletters, digital magazines, social media and blogs. The competition is open to all U.S.-based publications. Free ASBPE membership is not required for entry, but members receive a discount on entry fees. The top entries nationwide receive national awards across 60 categories, from our All Content, Design, Online, Print and Overall Excellence divisions.