Amid a rapidly cooling housing market, shifting pricing, and major channel shifts, where exactly is the building products industry headed? In our recent building products webinar, Todd Tomalak and Matt Samson discussed their research, and the industry outlook heading into 2023 and beyond. They presented three conclusions to remember:
- Near term: Risks to building products revenue increase in 2H 2023, as shifting backlogs, pricing, and macro factors impact building products revenue.
- Corollary: Don’t get complacent on your margins or market share.
- Long term: The 2020-30 decade will likely be remembered as the ‘Golden Age of Remodeling’ but with a nasty cyclical slowdown in the middle.
- Corollary: Don’t get complacent on product pricing/supply chains.
- Setup for divergence in results between brands: ‘Reshuffle’ between professional contractor channels (and brands) occurring?
Watch the webinar recording to learn more.
Zonda Advisory services cover the entire spectrum of real estate, helping companies grow their business and realize their goals. Our work is tailored to each client to help them lead, expand and evolve.
Are you interested in data for your specific housing market? Contact our advisory services to learn how we can help you by providing strategic solutions, rooted in data, and honed by experience.
Subscribe for updates
Stay in the know with Zonda updates direct to your inbox. Subscribe today to receive webinar information, economics reports, podcast episodes, and more!